Sunday, March 2, 2008

I am Alive

My newest song from yesterday - recorded and posted here on You Tube

This song is kind of like a ritual for pulling out of a rut. I was in one yesterday - at home after going for a nice walk, but it was windy out and there was nowhere to really go after that - so kind of stuck in the house for a bit. I was feeling that lethargic boredom pulling at me, the same one that pulled at me for so much of my life for such a long time. I thought of these words, to kind of pull myself out of it. I am not too concerned about saying basically the same thing over and over with my tunes - because even though the message is pretty basic and simple, it needs to be said - over and over - no matter how much repetition it takes. I don't even necessarily see the writings as mine - I just feel more like a conduit for the inspiration that comes to me when it is there. This one is a way of re-connecting with all that I have found to give life meaning - and although spirit is a big part of it, it does not necessarily belong to any one spiritual path either:

I am awake, I have awoken
I was asleep, now Spirit has spoken
I am inspired, I am in love, I am alive
Blood filled with water, heart filled with fire
Feet filled with earth, lungs filled with fresh air
I am eternal, life moves through me, I am alive
Lethargic boredom, transformed to power
Fear paralysis, transformed to faith
I can do anything, I set my mind to, if I believe
Black empty darkness, to a bright shining fire
Dusty stale stillness, to a lit up live wire
Energy through me, pass through my heart, I am alive

Move though my mouth, from my lips to my tongue
Come through my chest, fill my heart and my lungs
Pass through my blood, pass through my body, sweep through my soul
Take in this breath, say I believe
Exhale this breath, I still believe
I know my love, I know my heart, I know my light
I cannot see her, but I know she's with me
She may have left, but I am bringing her back
Merge with my heart, merge with my soul -- loving angel come to me
Mother Earth is home, with her liquid blue sky
Glowing red sun, my soul soars on the fly
One with my world, one with my heart, one with my life

Bridge: I once believed, all there was to existence
Was to go through the motions, without knowing why
But now I believe, without a spirit- life's an empty cold lie
So when I get stuck now, revert to my past
I look to my heart, and know this phase will pass
Once I summon my energy she brings me to life

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This sounds like something Stuart Smalley would write if he took lots of LSD or pyschedelic fungi.