Monday, October 1, 2007

9 years of marriage as of October 2, 2007

I love you – written after 9 years of marriage and more than 11 years together

I love you – I know I say it so many times
I love you – and you may ask the reason why
I love you – not because I have to, need to, or necessarily even choose to or want to
I love you not because it is easy – nobody can honestly say it is, has been, or ever will be
I love you not because of any guarantees you can provide that we will be together tomorrow, the next month or the next year – life provides no guarantees other than the present moment, and even the present moment may be the last
I love you not because of where you want to be, which may be different than where I want to be
I love you not because I expect you to agree with me, agree with what to decide to do next, where to live next, how to live next, or even how to live at all
I love you not because I expect our life to be a continuous love affair, a fairy tale movie, or a dream come true – for I could never ask nor expect that of you, nor you of me
I love you not because I expect you to be in love with me, lust for me, desire me, or even necessarily want to be with me
I love you – not because we have different values, expectations, beliefs or desires

I love you – because you are who you are and I am who I am, and there will never be another you or another me
I love you because I believe fate brought us together to allow us to be together for the time we have had so far, and maybe possibly even one moment, hour or day longer than that
I love you because with you, and only you through some miracle I will never fully understand, we have created a live being that looks to us each for love, guidance, and acceptance
I love you because 9 years ago today I got dressed up in my best pair of shorts and sandals and even if I was reading a note back to a paid city official, in my mind I was reading a contract back to the creator and provider of all life
I love you because I swore to that being that I would love you and provide for you for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health – and despite every obstacle that makes that difficult happen, I continue to swear to God, the Goddess, and any other divine being that may want to listen that I will continue to do that
I love you because I cannot control what we have, what we are and what we will be and that to surrender to that love is to surrender to the devotion of the Yin and Yang , and the God and Goddess themselves
I love you now and forever, no matter who you are, what you are, where you are, where you go, what you do and where you decide to do it
Nothing can and will ever change my love for you

No comments: