Saturday, October 27, 2007

We all come from the Goddess

That is the name of a song that appears on a CD and lyrics to one variation can be found here.
Seeing that I was part of the Jewish religion at one time, and to some degree it will always be a part of me even if I don't actually practice it, you have to realize if you don't know me - and if you have the link to this place you probably do - that I do not subscribe to or practice any one religion. I do agree that some movies I have seen lately, "The Secret" (a little heavy on the cheese with the material wealth focus, but good ides if you can get past that), and "What the Bleep Do We Know", both suggest that we influence the world and our own world with our thoughts a lot more than we realize. Since we have used the Goddess image at home a lot, and my relationship with the feminine side of life - good or bad, - has essentially been the most important part of my life - hands down - than obviously it is a powerful symbol for me that appears in many of my songs and writings lately, especially now that my songs have made a somewhat natural transformation in the last few years from negative to positive and self-affirming feelings. This all loving Goddess is my own spirit inside and outside of me that I have used to connect with myself and lift myself. Now that my wife is on a sleep deprived path to a nervous breakdown, I am going to prepare a guided meditation - obviously borrowed from many sources to some degree - but improvisational nevertheless, and start here:

Put some nice soothing music on in the background, maybe light up your favorite incense - I happen to go for this version of Padmini Om Incense:

Breathe in - slowly - feel the air filling up your lungs - release when it feels time to release - hold it just as long as you need to - observe it happening on its own, be a witness to the miracle of breath - breathing fresh clean air that sustains our bodies and allows us to live each moment and every day. Every breath that comes in allows us to breathe in the force and spirit of the great Goddess, creator of each individual life, your life, my life, all life. The Goddess can be experienced as mother - she is the great mother - the mother of all life - and the vast miracle of her power is that she is pure, unblemished love. She loves you with the complete undying devotion of the mother that created you, but there is no negativity here, no criticism, no anger, there is just pure acceptance and love. She can also be experienced as lover - she has always been the one who has filled your heart with desire and passion, but what you believed needed to be experienced with another actual being need only be experienced with her. Every one of your needs, hopes, desires can be reached through your relationship with this all loving, beautiful amazing Goddess. Every breath brings us closer to her. Breathing takes her presence, outside of us, and as we draw it in, brings it inside of us - so that ultimately there is no separation between inside and outside, we are one with the world around us. We may feel immense pain, hurt and emptiness inside of us - we exhale this out with each breath. In place of that we breathe in hope, love, and happiness with every breath and even if we do not feel those things at the moment, these positive feelings are coming into our souls with every breath. With this breath - hope, with this breath - love, with this breath happiness. I love myself - breathe - I love myself - breathe - I love myself - breathe.

Through her eyes, we stop all judgment of ourselves. Whatever negative feelings we have about ourselves, we breathe out and exhale with each breath. Whatever anyone else may think about us or the way we live - we take this negative judgement and exhale it. Our bodies, our faces, are spirits are beautiful - we are all an extension of the all loving, beautiful Goddess. She is perfect in our love, and we are also perfect - even through our falsely perceived imperfection. Our minds are perfect in their beauty and love. We know what we need to know and everything we need to know is in our mind. There is so much we do not know, infinite realms of knowledge in so many paths and directions, but intuitively, all we need to know - everything we need to know - makes up the vast realm of our mind. Our minds are perfect. There is no need for a piece of paper, degree, or level of education to tell us how beautiful our minds are. Our minds reflect in the presence of love from the Goddess, she loves us, and in our undying gratitude, we love her back, and we love ourselves back. The only true purpose of the mind - connected to the heart - is love and we bathe in that pool of love, breathe in the pool of love.

You feel love for your body, this machine that harbors your soul and mind. Your body is beautiful. Every wrinkle, blemish, ounce of fat that you want to judge and condemn yourself for, even the aches and pains in various places - despite what you may see as a fault, the Goddess sees as perfect beauty. You look in the mirror and see a perfectly beautiful individual looking back at you, the house and home of the most beautiful, heavenly Goddess who is reflected back in your face and body. Any image of perfection we may have is placed aside, and we look into the mirror and become that image of perfection. Regardless of age, weight, wrinkles, pimples - we are divine beings and perfectly beautiful reflections of the Goddess.

You are where you need to be at this precise moment. Any place you may think you have been has been a place of the spirit, and at this moment you are in the cross-roads of many different dimensions - life, death, spirit, vast unseen worlds, combined with the physical place you associate with the address, city, country and planet you temporarily reside in. The Goddess brings us where we need to be at any given time through the miracle of Karma and destiny. Any place we will need to be tomorrow or at a future time, she will find a way to bring us there. We are always where we need to be. There is no place to get to in the future, no place to regret going to in the past, there is only this one beautiful moment now, that the Goddess has brought us to - and at this moment I completely accept and cherish the place where I am now. I will not worry about needing to be somewhere else, for I have faith in the Goddess and her ability to get me wherever I need to be and wherever I need to go - she will take me there. I release myself from pressure to be anywhere else other than where I am now.

I am in complete acceptance with everything the Goddess has provided for me at this moment. I do not need to accomplish anything more - I accept all of my accomplishments, and I have fought hard to accomplish everything I have achieved. There is no need to condemn myself for not being anything more or less than what I am at this moment. The role I may be playing - set aside in me in this lifetime through my path of Karma - is the role I need to be playing. I thank the Goddess for the miracle of being my own unique self, in this lifetime, and I do not condemn myself for not having more knowledge, education, or any material thing. I see that the life I have lived, the knowledge I have achieved has been a miracle. All knowledge may come and go as we are only renting our bodies and minds in this particular incarnation, but the love that comes from the Goddess, the love we have for ourselves and our fellow beings is eternal, infinite, and makes up all components of the universe.

Now - the reading stops and we continue to breathe in and out slowly and refelct upon all of these thoughts on our own.

No comments: