Sunday, June 29, 2008

Living in a HELL HOLE

The windows dirty
the mattress stinks
This ain't no place to be a man
Ain't got no future, ain't got no past
And I don't think I ever can
The floor is filthy the walls are thin
The wind is howling in my face
The rats are peeling, I'm losing ground
Can't seem to join the human race.

Chorus:Yeah, I'm living in a hell hole
Don't want to stay in this hell hole
Don't want to die in this hell hole
Girl, get me out of this hell hole.

Song by the legendary Spinal Tap - you can even check out the video

Have I stated that my parents are motherfucking ass-holes? If I haven't let me state it for the record - my parents are in fact motherfucking ass-holes and the end of this fucking boat ride can't come soon enough. They are racist motherfucking pieces of shit. I just said it. And I believe it. I know - love is the answer, forgive and forget - but sometimes feelings are just what they are and you can't dress them up.

The last iron in the detail of this trip was accomodations for the first night. My Dad agreed we would fly out from Sacramento to LA to avoid driving all day. Instead just a 3 hour drive to Sacramento from here - fair enough - even almost makes sense. Then we were given the bullshit line - well you can't stay here because there is not enough room and Dan and Amy are staying here. They would put us up for the night. In a "nice place" - what my Dad told Victoria. If it were a 3 bedroom house it would almost make sense. Except there are 4 bedrooms downstairs - one converted to an office - and then a large family room - so even if every god damn member of the family were staying there we could work it out. But the reality is my Mom is still projecting all her racist spewing hatred onto my wife and has a problem with her. But the honesty never comes out with them - it is just the same lying bullshit. So fine - if you put me in a place where I can stay for the night that is halfway decent I will overlook the bullshit and deal with it. But in fact it was the Days Inn at Torrance - go ahead and click on those highlighted words and see what comes up. Ahh - a Google search - full of flattering reviews:

"Hell Hole‎ - A TripAdvisor Member‎ - Aug 22, 2007
Do not go there - it was like a dirty bomb shelter - if you pay $50 a night - you paid too much - and I paid way too much. Day's Inn as a franchisor should be embarassed to allow "

"Avoid at all cost!‎ - A TripAdvisor Member‎ - Feb 8, 2007
... This hotel is dirty, unkempt and scary. Seems to be a place where locals live long term. Noisy, dirty and frightening. Rudest housekeepers I've ever encountered"

"Stay Away!!!‎ - A TripAdvisor Member‎ - Jul 25, 2007
The property is under renovations, and obviously in great need of it. But some room's just shouldn't be rented. The room I stayed in was absolutely horrific. ..."

And we're just getting started. One of them points out the cost 50 dollars a night. Going all out I guess. The shitty reviews goes on and on. So needless to say that little anger button went off in my head and I was ready to tell them fuck you - go to hell - the whole thing is off. But - I stayed level and calm and after a few outbursts here I called and politely pointed out the reviews of the place we were going to stay. My Dad seemed a little taken aback. I politely ask can we stay there instead? He will have to get back to me. Have to consult with the one who wears the pants - that fucking bitch he is married to who calls the shots and the one we are honoring for this god-forsaken gathering. I asked politely but I wasn't going to back down. If he said no - I was going to say the whole God dam thing was off. And he KNEW that. I didn't have to say it - he just knew. So 15 or so minutes later - okay - we can stay there - I may have to stay on an airmattress - fine - what the fuck - that's okay. I guess Dan and Amy - the asskisser as dubbed by another member of the family - were okay - but some fucking loudmouth Mexican was not. But oh yeah - Victoria IS a member of the family - that's why they insisted she come on the cruise. Just not enough a member of the family to stay at their fucking house.

So I am gritting my teeth as I write this. Do you sense my hatred? It is there. It is real. Fuck with me all you want, but don't fuck with my wife. That is just a basic instinct. And I am not the Dalai fucking lama as much as I would like to be. There should be some real interesting moments on this cruise. If I seem withdrawn - it is because I am not planning on saying much. I am in survival mode. No warm and fuzzy feelings because they just aren't there. I am doing this because I have to - and for no other reason. I survived 2 fucking weeks in Nebraska slaving away in overwhelming humidity, I can survive 3 days on a fucking cheezy boat even it is with my parents from hell.

"One way or another - this darkness - got to give"

No comments: