Thursday, March 26, 2009

Carson Tahoe Hospital

Is presently where I am heading. I met with my surgeon today and it looked like April 6 - a week from Monday would be the likely date. Yes there has been this recent bronchitis that has left me feeling winded. Well upon further review - scratch the bronchitis - this is now in fact - pneumonia. Personally I think stress brings on illness. Before I knew my aorta was twice the size it was supposed to be I was doing just fine - exercising, running all over the place, working hard. But once I found out about this shock, my immune system went down with it. It usually takes a real stressful situation to get me real sick. This is my first pneumonia. But also - my first encounter with a heavy duty heart condition. One day I'm perfectly healthy, next day I am on death's bed. The problem now - as the doctor says - as he told me I had to check in - is that the harder I work to take in oxygen, the more out of breath I get, and the harder my heart works and none of it is a real good combination. So I am attached to an oxygen tank now, enjoying a nice drive to Carson City. The doctor wanted me to go in an ambulance but that seemed like overkill and I talked him out of it. So - not sure how long I'll be there or how long any of this will be going on but it will sure be nice to have it done with.

4 comments:

Viola Schrantz said...

I am sorry to report that David White passed away due to heart failure this morning. He left behind his wife Victoria and young daughter Sara.

islandgirl4ever2 said...

I'm so sorry to hear that David passed away. My deepest prayers go out to you and your daughter. I am overcome with sadness at the news. Please let me know if there is anything I can do.
Leesa
(Zook's friend from E-House at UCSD)

Anonymous said...

hey there, could someone from e house (rich, mike, youndi or john) confirm what has been said here...this is joe

Anonymous said...

Hi Joe, this is Youndy. Is this the Joe from UCSD who went to a few Dead shows with us over the years? Yes, Unfortunately it is true, Zook has passed away. Send me your email and I'll include you on any further information. I've been trying to reach his wife but haven't been able to yet. I'm sorry to have to tell you this tragic news.

youndo(at)yahoo(dot>com)