Friday, August 1, 2008

I can tell by the mark he left you were in his dream

I have seen where the wolf has slept by the silver stream.
I can tell by the mark he left you were in his dream.
Ah, child of countless trees
Ah, child of boundless seas.
What you are, what you're meant to be
Speaks his name, though you were born to me,
Born to me,
Cassidy...

Words by John Barlow

I had a profound dream last night that spoke to me on many levels. It was about me - it was about my brother - it was about me and my brother. I was back at my parent's house in the downstairs family room. He had just cut himself to death - something I had once flirted with doing myself many years ago. He had succeeded though - he had passed on. My daughter Sara was very sad - and she was crying. Although I sensed a feeling of sadness in the air, I also distinctly remember feeling a sense of peace - knowing that he had arrived to where he needed to be.

No comments: