Thursday, August 23, 2007

Let it down, let it down - let your love flow and astound me


Slowly this blog link is making the way out to some of my close friends and the one close member of my family. My real identity is not here anywhere, but you all probably recognize my writing style. All the musical quotes are followed by a picture or logo of the musical act that created them (or sang a re-make as in the case of Dancing in the Streets - I don't even know who wrote that song). Maybe because my parents are not here any more I am writing a little more freely. So don't be surprised if you see posts like the one a few down about the wonders of defacation in the morning, or even free talk about sex and self-gratification. After all - these are essential acts of nature and I see no shame in discussing them - just not necessarily in front of my parents and knowing they had the link always left me somewhat self-conscious and kind of on my best behavior - even when I was telling them off. My new decision is to tell them off on the phone if I have to tell them anything at all - and it is frightening to think I am a few weeks from seeing them. So though the writing style may be similar, it is a little looser here I have noticed - more mentions and uses of the word "fuck" for instance, but also probably a significantly lower audience - kind of like when Howard Stern moved to sattelite radio. I think not more than a handful know this site exists, whereas entire website boards had the link before. Still looking for my first "comment" but at the same time not entirely holding my breath over it either.

No comments: