Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Already home

In a remarkable shift of energy here, I bring you a somewhat positive writing. The idea for this song came from my head while I was doing my CAT duty in Nebraska - I had Joni Mitchell on my mind so the melody came from thinking of her songs - I can't say which one in particular - coming soon to my You Tube site - I just put it together this morning

Already Home

From another time zone, another hotel, I find myself here now today
Home might be another thousand miles from here, but this time it's not seeming so far away
Familiar faces I'm seeing in strangers I feel like I already know
You're here in my heart, no matter how far apart, I find home is wherever I go
There's no place to get to, no place left for waiting when in my heart I know
That I'm already home

Maybe I can't see you and I can't touch you, but still feel in my heart like you are right here
Maybe unknown places are lying awaiting, but in a place of pure love there's no place left for fear
I'm hearing the sounds of the crickets and birds singing to me that I'm gonna be all right
The sun's beating down at the peak of the day, but I dream of the cool breeze of the coming sweet night
My family and friends are all right here, say now where else could they possibly be
Cus I'm already home

BB's got his Lucille, I've got my own Lucille, my sweet honey she always travels with me
My hands massage her neck, and she's wrapped around mine, and then where else can home
possibly be
Singing her sweet notes, and I'm singing with her and this empty hotel room's coming to life
Music will always be my path to God, my sweet guitar here's always been my wife
Singing in bliss and I'm in harmony, and even if I'm a bit out of key
I am already home

No comments: