Friday, July 11, 2008

I love my work, if u don't fuck u - & pollution from cruise ships

Sounds kind of blunt - but that is the way it has to be. I have a confession - I must be my biggest fan. I have read and re-read my last writing over and over and every time I read it I make myself laugh. I think it's funny, and it is real at the same time. These are my feelings and I captured them. I captured my experience of three days aboard a cruise ship, and when I read it I know it is real. When I read it to my wife, we are enough of the same mindset - she was there too - that she also knows that is the way it went down - for us anyways. Maybe others saw it differently. Great. No matter what you say, you can't take away that this is my perspective, and that is what writing is all about. I don't care about style, grammar, techniques - once I know it is me that is all that matters. I know - laughing at my own jokes sounds pretty self absorbed - but I do. The fact is I like what I write. I don't need to hear it from anyone else. If you like it too - great. If not - well - I already like it already, so that doesn't really matter. I am not a slave to the opinions of others. Same with my music - I write it to sing it over and over again and some of my songs I have sung close to 100's of times and every time I get something new out of it, like it comes to life and has a life on its own. I love to sing it, play it, and listen to it because it takes on a life of its own - something I may have given birth to in some ways, but something above and beyond me in many other ways. Some may be offended by my writings - but they are real. If I don't feel it, I don't write. They come from me. This is who I am. In some ways I feel like I am not actually writing any of this - like I could really think of this - from my ego - and sit down and make it happen. I couldn't do that. I am just like a vehicle and the force comes through me, and there it is. Somebody else may have said it before, and I don't claim to be original, but maybe nobody has said it just the way I did. That is what I think the key is to creativity and I highly recommend this approach to someone else who possibly may be reading this down the road, who seems to take it very personally when someone criticizes his work. Two word s- fuck 'em. Fall in love with your writings, and then once that happens, the bad reviews aren't going to matter. Not if you already love your work. Once that happens, nobody can take that away from you -no matter what they say or do.Oh - and by the way - just in case you are wondering how much cruise lines fuck up the environment - check out these stats from this site:"Cruise ships - the largest of which carry more than 5,000 passengers and crew - are floating cities that produce enormous volumes of waste. A large cruise ship on a one week voyage is estimated to generate:210,000 gallons of human sewage,1 million gallons of gray water (water from sinks, baths, showers, laundry, and galleys),25,000 gallons of oily bilge water,Up to 11,550 gallons of sewage sludge, andMore than 130 gallons of hazardous wastes.Most of this waste is dumped directly into the ocean, some treated, some not. In addition, luxury liners spew a range of pollutants into the air that can lead to acid rain and contribute to global warming. They can also spread invasive species by dumping untreated ballast water in coastal zones."See this site for information about Royal Carribean:http://www.msplinks.com/MDFodHRwOi8vd3d3LnN1cmZyaWRlci5vcmcvYS16L2NydWlzZS5hc3A=In 2001, Royal Caribbean admitted in court it had installed special piping to bypass pollution control devices and pleaded guilty to dumping toxic chemicals. Royal Caribbean was levied fines and penalties totaling $33.5 million to settle dumping complaints that occurred between 1994 and 1998. Apparently Royal Caribbean has one of the worst pollution records out there. You wouldn't know it by reading their Save the Waves link on their website. California is one of the few states with a "no dumping" law, but something tells me Mexico doesn't have one. I wonder what we were doing spending so much time floating around their waters. What a bunch of horse-shit. It sickens me to know I was on one of their earth raping vehicles.

No comments: